Can I Bet Real Money While Playing Online in the United States?
Let’s start with the most important question first, shall we? Is it possible to gamble online in the United States without breaking the law?
The majority of states in the US have passed laws that make it illegal to gamble online. Despite this, there are a few jurisdictions that have begun to regulate the industry and do in fact permit it. In addition, there are a few additional states that are at the very least investigating the prospect of making online gambling a reality in their respective jurisdictions. To this day, if you live in any of these states, you are permitted, with certain restrictions, to place bets online.
Completely Legal Players in the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania are free to place wagers at online casinos, online poker rooms, and online sportsbooks without fear of legal repercussions.
Players who are located in Nevada have access to online casino games and poker, as well as online sports betting, provided that they are guests at a casino resort during the time that they are participating in these activities. Nevertheless, they are restricted to playing at the online casino associated with that particular resort only. Players located in Delaware are allowed to wager on poker and casino games played online, but they are prohibited from betting on sporting events.
Players residing in Indiana, Iowa, New Hampshire, Oregon, Rhode Island, and West Virginia are the only ones who are permitted to place online sports bets. This only applies to players betting on sports.
At the time of this writing, gambling was not permitted in any of the other states in the United States. On the other hand, there is activity taking place in a few of them to possibly change that position.
At this time, the states of Michigan and Colorado are considering whether or not to make all forms of online gambling legal. There is serious consideration being given to the legalization of sports betting in the states of Illinois, North Carolina, and Tennessee. While this is going on, the state of Montana is considering making online casinos and sports betting legal, but not poker.
Legalization of betting games and wagering on sports over the internet has already been accomplished in some states, including Michigan and Colorado, among others. On the other hand, online gambling sites have not yet gone live. This is something that you should consider keeping a close eye on in the years to come. Check out our comprehensive guide to gambling online in the United States to learn which forms of online gambling are legal in each state.
Check out our list of the best US offshore online sports betting sites if you live in a state that allows sports betting and are interested in placing wagers on sporting events.
The most reputable authorities oversee the operations of our favorite online casinos. These safeguards are in place in many different jurisdictions to protect players. Foreign commissions are able to issue licenses for multiple markets; however, certain nations or states may require a local license before allowing a website to begin operations there. Prior to wagering any of your own money, you need to make sure that gambling is not only permitted in your region but also legal. This holds especially true if you come from a country like the United States, in which the laws are different in each individual state.
How to Determine Whether or Not a Casino Is Safe to Play at
What A Legit Casino Should Have
Be Careful Of The Following
- Holding a valid license issued by a reputable gambling authority such as the MGA, SGA, or UKGC
- Payment methods comply with PCI standards and use the most recent encryption technology.
- The processing of withdrawals takes only a few days.
- Games that have been verified as being fair and random number generator (RNG) tested by independent agencies such as eCOGRA.
- Protecting user information by using SSL, TLS, and HTTPS on the website.
- The track record of the operator is positive across the board for all of its brands
- Terms and conditions that protect the player in a variety of different situations and are simple to grasp
- 24/7 customer support that is available to be contacted in a variety of ways, most notably through Live Chat.
- Tools for responsible gambling such as problem gambling tests and limit setting, as well as links to organizations that provide gambling counseling
- Know Your Customer checks, also known as KYC checks, are beneficial because they validate the player’s identity.
- Either without a license or a license issued by an unreliable commission
- There is no evidence that your financial information has been encrypted.
- Transaction times that take too long or winnings that aren’t paid out for months
- There is no evidence that the games have been evaluated by a third party.
- There is no obvious sign that your information will be protected on this website.
- Critical comments made about multiple brands owned by the same operator
- Conditions and terms that aren’t clear or don’t protect the player in important situations
- Few contact details are provided, and there is no guarantee that assistance will always be accessible.
- Because there is no information available on problem gambling, it is safe to assume that the casino does not have your wellbeing in mind.
- There is no verification of age
What Our Players Say
Why Should You Play at an Online Casino in the US?
Playing at online casinos based in the United States comes with a number of advantages. There is, to begin, the glaringly obvious fact that. You will save a lot of money if you choose to stay at home rather than travel to the glitzy and glamorous cities of Las Vegas or Atlantic City, which are located on opposite coasts of the United States. You will not be required to wait in order to play games, you will be able to leave the area at any time, and you will typically have access to a wider variety of titles to choose from.
Playing at land-based casinos in the United States can be fun, but there are some advantages to playing at online casinos instead, including the following:
Bonuses and Promotional Opportunities
Quite a few casinos in the United States provide players with access to an extensive selection of bonuses and rewards. When you make a deposit, you may be eligible to receive free money from these, which can then be used to play games with a larger budget. Naturally, there are terms and conditions attached, and these differ depending on the website that you’re using. On the other hand, you won’t find offers like these at land-based venues very often. The welcome bonus, the deposit bonus, the free spins, the cashback deal, the loyalty offer, and the VIP club are just some of the bonuses and promotions that may be available.
A Wider Variety of Games to Choose From
You should be able to play a wider variety of games from a greater number of providers than you could at a land-based casino, and this should be the case regardless of where you choose to place your wagers. Online casinos typically carry dozens of roulette and blackjack games, in contrast to the one or two games that might be found in a traditional land-based casino. The same is true for slot machines, where there are frequently hundreds of different games for you to choose from. There are some instances in which real-life casinos cannot compete with the payout percentages and volatility levels of online slot machines. You also get more for your money because the betting limits at online casinos are significantly lower than those at land-based casinos.
Sites Selected By Real Money Games
Even though real money online gambling is a fun way to play your favourite casino games, you can play many of the most well-known games for free using your bonus. This is a great way to try out a variety of games and stand a chance of winning real money in the process. All of our featured casino sites host the following list of casino games and have been tested by us.
Live Dealer Games Provide a More Realistic Experience
You can still get a sense of the atmosphere of playing at a table with real people even when you’re doing it online, albeit to a lesser extent. Playing live dealer casino games involves interacting with real-life human dealers through the use of a video stream. In some of these tournaments, you can even compete against other players. You will be able to have a conversation with the dealer and place your bets in real time.
Help and Support Are Provided Here
The vast majority of traditional casinos will not offer you a great deal of support and assistance of any kind. However, the majority of online casinos in the United States provide support via live chat, e-mail, and telephone around the clock. Some websites even go so far as to provide tutorials on how to play the game, in addition to offering free games, so that potential customers can get a feel for the game before wagering any real money on it.